Volume 19, Number 1, February 2012
|Page(s)||53 - 61|
|Published online||15 February 2012|
- Berrag B., Ouzir M. & Cabaret J. A survey on meat sheep farms in two regions of Morocco on farm structure and the acceptability of the targeted selective treatment approach to worm control. Veterinary Parasitology, 2009, 164, 30–35. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Cabaret J., Anjorand N. & Leclerc C. Dairy goat farms in Touraine. I. Management, parasitism and estimation of disease in adult goats. Recueil de Médecine Vétérinaire, 1986, 162, 575–585.
- Cabaret J. Animal health problems in organic farming: subjective and objective assessments and farmers’ actions. Livestock Production Science, 2003, 80, 99–108. [CrossRef]
- Cabaret J., Benoit M., Laignel G. & Nicourt C. Current management of farms and internal parasites by conventional and organic meat sheep French farmers and acceptance of targeted selective treatments. Veterinary Parasitology, 2009, 164, 21–29. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Cabaret J. False resistance to antiparasitic drugs: causes from shelf availability to patient compliance. Anti-Infective Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, 2010, 9, 161–167. [CrossRef]
- Charles T.P. & Furlong J. A survey of dairy cattle worm control practices in southeast Brazil. Veterinary Parasitology, 1996, 67, 65–73. [CrossRef]
- Durrani M.Z., Chaudhry N.I. & Anawr A.H. The incidence of gastrointestinal parasitism in sheep and goats of Jehlum valley (Azad Kasmir). Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 1981, 1, 164–165.
- Galav P., Jain A., Katewa S.S. & Nag A. Animal healthcare practices by livestock owners at Pushkar animal fair Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 2010, 9, 581–584.
- Ghotge N.S., Ramdas S.R., Ashalata S., Mathur N.P., Broome V.G. & Rao M.L.S. A social approach to the validation of traditional veterinary remedies – The Anthra Project. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 2002, 34, 121–143. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Holmes P.H. Pathogenesis of trichostrongylosis. Veterinary Parasitology, 1986, 18, 89–101. [CrossRef]
- Hüttner K., Leidl K., Pfeiffer D.U., Jere F.B. & Kasambara D. Farm and personal characteristics of the clientele of a community-based animal health service programme in northern Malawi. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 2001, 33, 201–218. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Iqbal Z., Akhtar M., Khan M.N. & Riaz M. Prevalence and economic significance of haemonchosis in sheep and goats slaughtered at Faisalabad abattoir. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 1993, 30, 51–53.
- Jabbar A., Iqbal Z., Kerboeuf D., Muhammad G., Khan M.N. & Afaq M. Anthelmintic resistance: the state of play revisited. Life Sciences, 2006, 79, 2413–2431. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Jabbar A., Iqbal Z., Saddiqi H.A., Babar W. & Saeed M. Prevalence of multiple anthelmintic resistant gastrointestinal nematodes in dairy goats in a desolated tract (Pakistan). Parasitology Research, 2008, 103, 29–35. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Juste jordán R.A. & García pérez A.L. Effect of treatment with netobimin on milk production of sheep. Veterinary Parasitology, 1991, 38, 173–183. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Kilani M., Chermette R., Guillot J., Polack B., Duncan J.L. & Cabaret J. Gastrointestinal helminthoses, in: Infectious and Parasitic Diseases of Livestock. Lefèvre P.C., Blancou J., Chermette R. & Uilenberg G. (eds), Tec & Doc, Lavoisier, Paris, 2010, 1481–1602.
- Kinoti G.K., Maingi N. & Coles G.C. Anthelmintic use in Kenya and its implications. The Bulletin of Animal Health and Production in Africa, 1994, 42, 71–73.
- Lateef M., Iqbal Z., Jabbar A., Khan M.N. & Akhtar M.S. Epidemiology of trichostrongylid nematode infections in sheep under traditional husbandry system in Pakistan. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 2005, 7, 596–600.
- Maingi N., Bjørn H., Thamsborg M.S., Munyua K.W., Gathuma M.J. & Dangolla A. Worm control practices on sheep farms in Nyandarua district of Kenya. Acta Tropica, 1997, 68, 1–9. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mandonnet N., Ducrocq V., Arquet R. & Aumont G. Mortality of Creole kids during infection with gastrointestinal strongyles: a survival analysis. Journal of Animal Science, 2003, 81, 2401–2408. [PubMed]
- Monteiro A.M., Wanyangu S.W., Kariuki D.P., Bain R., Jackson F. & Mckellar Q.A. Pharmaceutical quality of anthelmintics sold in Kenya. The Veterinary Record, 1998, 142, 396–398. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Nag A., Galav P. & Katewa S.S. Indigenous animal healthcare practices from Udaipur district Rajasthan.. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 2007, 6, 583–588.
- Qayyum M. Some epidemiological aspects of gastrointestinal strongyles (Nematodes: Strongyloidea) of sheep in the sub-tropical zone of Pakistan. Ph.D. thesis, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan, 1996.
- Raza A.M., Iqbal Z., Jabbar A. & Yaseen M. Point prevalence of gastrointestinal helminthosis in ruminants in southern Punjab (Pakistan). Journal of Helminthology, 2007. 81, 323–328. [PubMed]
- Saddiqi H.A., Jabbar A., Iqbal Z., Babar W., Sindhu Z.D. & Abbas R.Z. Comparative efficacy of five anthelmintics against trichostrongylid nematodes in sheep. Canadian Journal of Animal Science, 2006, 86, 471–477. [CrossRef]
- Saeed M., Iqbal Z. & Jabbar A. Oxfendazole resistance in gastrointestinal nematodes of beetal goats at livestock farms of Punjab (Pakistan). Acta Veterinaria Brunensis, 2007, 76, 79–85. [CrossRef]
- Saeed M., Iqbal Z., Jabbar A., Masood S., Babar W., Saddiqi H.A., Yaseen M., Sarwar M. & Arshad M. Mutiple anthelmintic resistant nematodes and possible contributory factors in goats in an irrigated area (Pakistan). Research in Veterinary Science, 2010, 88, 267–272. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Salmona M. Souffrances et résistances des paysans français. L’Harmattan, Paris, 1994.
- Shakoor O., Taylor R.B. & Behrens R.H. Assessment of the incidence of substandard drugs in developing countries. Tropical Medicine and International Health, 1997, 2, 839–845. [CrossRef]
- Soulsby E.J.L. Helminths, arthropods & protozoa of domesticated animals. Baillière, Tindall & Cassel, London, 1986.
- Sykes A.R. Parasitism and production in farm ruminants. Animal Production, 1994, 59, 155–172. [CrossRef]
- Tsey K. Traditional medicine in contemporary Ghana: a public policy analysis. Social Science and Medicine, 1997, 45, 1065–1074. [CrossRef]
- Venkatasubramanian V. & Fulzele R.M. Constraints perceived by veterinarians in implementing cattle development programmes. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 1996, 49, 234–243.
- Viers G. & Vigneau J.P. Éléments de climatologie. Nathan Université, Poitiers, 1990.
- Whiteford L.M. The ethnoecology of dengue fever. Medical Anthropology Quarterly, 1997, 11, 202–223. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Williams-blangero S., Subedi J., Upadhayay R.P., Manral D.B., Khadka K., Jirel S., Robinson E.S. & Blangero J. Attitudes towards helminthic infection in the Jirel population of eastern Nepal. Social Science and Medicine, 1998, 47, 371–379. [CrossRef]
- Yoder P.S. Negotiating relevance: belief, knowledge, and practice in international health projects. Medical Anthropology Quarterly, 1997, 11, 131–146. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.