- Beugnet F, Liebenberg J, Halos L. 2015. Comparative efficacy of two oral treatments for dogs containing either afoxolaner or fluralaner against Rhipicephalus sanguineus sensu lato and Dermacentor reticulatus. Veterinary Parasitology, 209, 142–145. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Beugnet F, Liebenberg J, Halos L. 2015. Comparative speed of efficacy against Ctenocephalides felis of two oral treatments for dogs containing either afoxolaner or fluralaner. Veterinary Parasitology, 207, 297–301. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bizikova P, Linder KE, Olivry T. 2014. Fipronil-amitraz-S-methoprene-triggered pemphigus foliaceus in 21 dogs: clinical, histological and immunological characteristics. Veterinary Dermatology, 25, 103–111. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Drag M, Saik J, Harriman J, Larsen D. 2014. Safety evaluation of orally administered afoxolaner in 8-week-old dogs. Veterinary Parasitology, 201, 198–203. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- European Medicine Agency Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use. 2007. Guidelines for the testing and evaluation of the efficacy of antiparasitic substances for the treatment and prevention of tick and flea infestation in dogs and cats. London. EMA Guideline No. EMEA/CVMP/EWP/005/2000-Rev2-2007.
- European Medicines Agency. 2014. Nexgard® summary of product characteristics. http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/veterinary/002729/WC500164067.pdf.
- Folz SD, Kakuk TJ, Hencke CL, Rector DL, Tesar FB. 1984. Clinical evaluation of amitraz as a treatment for canine demodecosis. Veterinary Parasitology, 16, 335–341. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Fourie J, Dumont P, Halos L, Beugnet F, Pollmeier M. 2013. Efficacy of a topical application of Certifect® (fipronil 6.26% w/v, amitraz 7.48% w/v, (S)-methoprene 5.63% w/v) for the treatment of canine generalized demodicosis. Parasite, 20, 46. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [PubMed]
- Fourie J, Liebenberg L, Horak I, Taenzler J, Heckeroth A, Frénais R. 2015. Efficacy of orally administered fluralaner (BravectoTM) or topically applied imidacloprid/moxidectin (Advocate®) against generalized demodicosis in dogs. Parasites and Vectors, 8, 187. [CrossRef]
- Fourie JJ, Heine J, Horak IG. 2006. The efficacy of an imidacloprid/moxidectin combination against naturally acquired Sarcoptes scabiei infestations on dogs. Australian Veterinary Journal, 84, 17–21. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Fourie L, Kok D, du Plessis A, Rugg D. 2007. Efficacy of a novel formulation of metaflumizone plus amitraz for the treatment of demodectic mange in dogs. Veterinary Parasitology, 150, 268–274. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Guaguère E, Beugnet F. 2008. Parasitic skin conditions, in A practical guide to canine dermatology. Guaguère E, Prélaud P, Craig M, Editors. Kalianxis: Paris. p. 179–226.
- Halos L, Lebon W, Chalvet-Monfray K, Larsen D, Beugnet F. 2014. Immediate efficacy and persistent speed of kill of a novel oral formulation of afoxolaner (NexGard®) against induced infestations with Ixodes ricinus ticks. Parasites and Vectors, 7, 452. [CrossRef]
- Heine J, Krieger K, Dumont P, Hellmann K. 2005. Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of imidacloprid 10% plus moxidectin 2.5% spot-on in the treatment of generalized demodicosis in dogs: results of a European field study. Parasitology Research, 97(1), S89–S96. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Holm BR. 2003. Efficacy of milbemycin oxime in the treatment of canine generalized demodicosis: a retrospective study of 99 dogs (1995–2000). Veterinary Dermatology, 14, 189–195. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Letendre L, Harriman J, Huang R, Kvaternick V, Drag M, Larsen DL. 2014. The intravenous and oral pharmacokinetics of afoxolaner, a novel isoxazoline, used as a monthly chewable antiparasitic for dogs. Veterinary Parasitology, 201, 190–197. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Leydig F. 1859. Über Haarsackmilben und Krätzmilben, Archiv für Naturgeschichte, Jahrg. XXV, Bd. I, p. 338.
- Mueller R. 2012. An update on the therapy of canine demodicosis. The Compendium on Continuing Veterinary Education, E1–E4.
- Mueller R, Meyer D, Bensignor E, Sauter-Louis C. 2009. Treatment of canine generalized demodecosis with a “spot-on” formulation containing 10% moxidectine and 2.5% imidacloprid (Advocate, Bayer Healthcare). Veterinary Dermatology, 20, 441–446. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mueller RS, Bensignor E, Ferrer L, Holm B, Lemarie S, Paradis M, Shipstone MA. 2012. Treatment of demodicosis in dogs: 2011 clinical practice Guidelines. Veterinary Dermatology, 23, 86–96. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Oberkirchner U, Linder KE, Dunston S, Bizikova P, Olivry T. 2011. Metaflumizone-amitraz (Promeris)-associated pustular acantholytic dermatitis in 22 dogs: evidence suggests contact drug-triggered pemphigus foliaceus. Veterinary Dermatology, 22, 436–448. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Paterson T, Halliwell R, Fields P, Lanza Louw M, Louw J, Ball G, Pinckney R, McKibben J. 2009. Treatment of canine-generalized demodecosis: a blind, randomized clinical trial comparing the efficacy of Advocate® (Bayer Animal Health) with ivermectin. Veterinary Dermatology, 20, 447–455. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Plant J, Lund E, Yang M. 2011. A case control study of the risk factors for juvenile-onset generalized demodecosis in the USA. Veterinary Dermatology, 22, 95–99. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ravera I, Altet L, Francino O, Sanchez A, Roldan W, Villanueva S, Ferrer L. 2013. Small Demodex populations colonize most parts of the skin of healthy dogs. Veterinary Dermatology, 24, 168–170. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Rojas M, Riazzo C, Callejón R, Guevara D, Cutillas C. 2012. Molecular study on three morphotypes of Demodex mites (Acarina: Demodicidae) from dogs. Parasitology Research, 111, 2165–2172. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- RosenKranz W. 2016. Update on Demodex. Oral communication. North American Veterinary Conferences: Orlando.
- Sastre N, Ravera I, Villanueva S, Altet L, Bardagi M, Sanchez A, Francino O, Ferrer L. 2012. Phylogenetic relationships in three species of canine Demodex mite based on partial sequences of mitochondrial 16S rDNA. Veterinary Dermatology, 23, 509–e101. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Shoop WL, Hartline EJ, Gould BR, Waddell ME, McDowell RG, Kinney JB, Lahm GP, Long JK, Xu M, Wagerle T, Jones GS, Dietrich RF, Cordova D, Schroeder ME, Rhoades DF, Benner EA, Confalone PN. 2014. Discovery and mode of action of afoxolaner, a new isoxazoline parasiticide for dogs. Veterinary Parasitology, 201, 179–189. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Soulsby E. 1982. Helminths, arthropods, and protozoa of domesticated animals, 7th edn. Baillière Tindall: London. p. 809.
Volume 23, 2016
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||24 March 2016|
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.