Volume 23, 2016
|Number of page(s)||4|
|Published online||15 March 2016|
- Carter RF. 1968. Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis: clinical, pathological and epidemiological features of six fatal cases. Journal of Pathology and Bacteriology, 96, 1–25. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Daft BM, Visvesvara GS, Read DH, Kinde H, Uzal FA, Manzer MD. 2005. Seasonal meningoencephalitis in Holstein cattle caused by Naegleria fowleri. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, 17, 605–609. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Fowler M, Carter RF. 1965. Acute pyogenic meningitis probably due to Acanthamoeba sp.: a preliminary report. British Medical Journal, 2, 740–742. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Hugo ER, Stewart VJ, Gast RJ, Byers TJ. 1992. Purification of amoeba mtDNA using the UNSET procedure. In Soldo AT, Lee JJ, Editors. Protocols in protozoology. Lawrence, Kansas: Allen Press. p. D–7: 1–2. [Google Scholar]
- Lehmann U, Kreipe H. 2001. Real-time PCR analysis of DNA and RNA extracted from formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded biopsies. Methods, 25, 409–418. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Lozano-Alarcón F, Bradley GA, Houser BS, Visvesvara GS. 1997. Primary amebic meningoencephalitis due to Naegleria fowleri in a South American tapir. Veterinary Pathology, 34, 239–243. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Martinez AJ, Visvesvara GS. 1997. Free-living, amphizoic and opportunistic amebas. Brain Pathology, 7, 583–598. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Morales JA, Chaves AJ, Visvesvara GS, Dubey JP. 2006. Naegleria fowleri-associated encephalitis in a cow from Costa Rica. Veterinary Parasitology, 139, 221–223. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Pélandakis, M.. 2012. Method for specifically detecting and/or quantifying the pathogenic amoeba Naegleria fowleri, specific oligonucleotides and kits containing same. FR Patent 2992974-A1. [Google Scholar]
- Pimentel L, Dantas AFM, Uzal F, Riet-Correa F. 2012. Meningoencephalitis caused by Naegleria fowleri in cattle of northeast Brazil. Research in Veterinary Science, 93, 811–812. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Régoudis E, Pélandakis M. 2016. Detection of the free living amoeba Naegleria fowleri by using conventional and real-time PCR based on a single copy DNA sequence. Experimental Parasitology, 161, 35–39. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Tyndall RL, Ironside KS, Metler PL, Tan EL, Hazen TC, Fliermans CB. 1989. Effects of thermal additions on the density and distribution of thermophilic amoebae and pathogenic Naegleria fowleri in a newly created cooling lake. Applied Environmental Microbiology, 55, 722–732. [Google Scholar]
- Visvesvara GS. 2010. Free-living amebae as opportunistic agents of Human disease. Journal of Neuroparasitology, 1, 1–13. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Visvesvara GS, De Jonckheere JF, Sriram R, Daft B. 2005. Isolation and molecular typing of Naegleria fowleri from the brain of a cow that died of primary amebic meningoencephalitis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 43, 4203–4204. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Visvesvara GS, Moura H, Schuster FL. 2007. Pathogenic and opportunistic free-living amoebae: Acanthamoeba spp., Balamuthia mandrillaris, Naegleria fowleri, and Sappinia diploidea. FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology, 50, 1–26. [Google Scholar]
- Wong MM, Karr SLJ, Balamuth WB. 1975. Experimental Infections with pathogenic free-living amebae in laboratory primate hosts: I. (A) a Study on susceptibility to Naegleria fowleri. Journal of Parasitology, 61, 199–208. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- Young MD, Willaert E, Neal FC, Simpson CF, Stevens AR. 1980. Experimental infection of sheep with Naegleria fowleri of human origin. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 29, 476–477. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.